Recursive Data Flow Renaming Output DataSet with "1" Rather than Input

After running the ETL and Adding the Output as an Input, Existing Output is renamed rather than the Input.  Why is this occurring?  See attached.

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@user045611 

You can run it so the dataset will update the name (It's still the same dataset). After it's been run once you can then go back in and add the renamed dataset as your input and then change your output back to the correctly named version.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • JennieElf
    JennieElf Member
    Answer ✓

I may be oversimplifying but I had the same issue when I was building a recursive. Finally realized that I had to break the link between the Input DataSet and the Output DataSet BEFORE I dragged over the other Input DataSet which I would load with the Recursive Data Flow.  It's worked perfectly since I started doing that.

Answers

• Try removing the input dataset.  Save.  Reload.  Does the output dataset rename? (remember you can always revert to a previous version of an ETL).

Also, you can alter your dataflow definitions using the javaCLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUHYaICYD8&list=PLUy_qbtzH0S4eYAu13c-NMnyOuxJwspzh&index=1

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓

@user045611 

You can run it so the dataset will update the name (It's still the same dataset). After it's been run once you can then go back in and add the renamed dataset as your input and then change your output back to the correctly named version.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • JennieElf
    JennieElf Member
    Answer ✓

I may be oversimplifying but I had the same issue when I was building a recursive. Finally realized that I had to break the link between the Input DataSet and the Output DataSet BEFORE I dragged over the other Input DataSet which I would load with the Recursive Data Flow.  It's worked perfectly since I started doing that.

• Sam_Y
    Sam_Y Member

I stumbled upon this same thing today.  Thanks for the input!

• Sam_Y
    Sam_Y Member

This also worked.  Thanks!