Options

Hi everyone,

I have a dataset which looks like the following:

EmailRunning Latest VersionVersion
fred@email.comYes2.1
bob@email.comYes2.1
angela@email.comNo1.0
tran@email.comNo1.5

I would like to do the following: If someone is not running the latest version (Running Latest Version = No) then send an email to the person as an alert. To be able to do this, I would need Domo to use a data column (in this case the email field) as the send field in an alert while being able to apply conditions. 

Is this currently possible within Domo or would I need to use an external tool/method?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @user022825 

Domo currently can't handle sending alerts to a dynamic e-mail address. You'd likely need some external process (like a python script) to pull the data and send the emails based on the list.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @user022825 

Domo currently can't handle sending alerts to a dynamic e-mail address. You'd likely need some external process (like a python script) to pull the data and send the emails based on the list.

• hamza_123
    hamza_123 Contributor
    Options

Just curious, which people exactly get notifications then? Based off Domo's alert system. 

Is it only dataset owners, or can it also be card viewers? Ideally, we should be able to alert Domo users based off changes in dataset that relates to them, instead of just Dataset owners or admins. 

• GrantSmith
    Options

Anyone who has access to the card should be able to subscribe the the alert.

• hamza_123
    hamza_123 Contributor
    Options

Is there some document that I can use to understand that? Like how card viewers can subscribe. 

Also, just to clarify, what you're saying is that alerts are applied to datasets, but they can be subscribed to by any user that has access to a card that is powered by that dataset? How exactly does the card come in handy here? 

• GrantSmith
    Options

Anyone who has access to the dataset should be able to create an alert based on the dataset, anyone who has access to the card should have access to create an alert off the card. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier.

Here are some helpful knowledge base articles:

Alerts + Data Sets:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Optimize/Notifications_and_Alerts/Creating_an_Alert_for_a_DataSet

Alerts + KPI Cards:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Optimize/Notifications_and_Alerts/03Creating_a_Custom_Alert_for_a_KPI_Card

Managing Alerts:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Optimize/Notifications_and_Alerts/04Managing_Your_Alerts

Alerts Quick Reference:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Optimize/Notifications_and_Alerts/Alerts_and_Notifications_Quick_Reference

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    Options

@hamza_123  and @GrantSmith  Domo have a premium app called "campagins" that functions similarly to MailChimp or ConstantContact insfoar as it allows you to create ... email campaigns.

In your example, yes, it would allow you to generate a list of users to send a campaign to, the campaign would of course be, the notification.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • NateBI
    NateBI Member
    Options

Hi Folks,

Has this feature been added since? Would be a solid option to have.