Use pfilter to limit data to 50 rows

Gijs
Gijs Member

For an embedded card, we want to limit the used rows for the visualisation to eg 50.

We use PFILTERS to filter the data for a specific client, so that data is already filtered. Is there a way to limit the data to the most recent 50 rows? (the card is already sorted by date column)

Comments

• Hi @user006513 

Have you tried applying a row limit to your table to be 50? (Data Table > Row Limit - Just below the Add Calculated Field button on the column list)

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 1.02.24 PM.png

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Yes that "row limit" seems to do the trick, but is there a way to apply that dynamically? via the pfilters preferably ?

• Using row limit, no, pfilters won't affect that setting.

You might be able to use a windowing function to calculate the row number and then use a pfilter to filter the beast mode (this requires two feature switches on your instance, one for the windowing functions and another for filtering aggregates - talk with your CSM). I haven't tested this before so I can't guarantee it'll work but would be worth a try.

Row Number example beast mode

SUM(SUM(1)) OVER (ORDER BY `Date`)

• @GrantSmith remember, you can't filter on a windowed function b/c that's functionally the same as filtering on the HAVING clause (unless you have the beta feature enabled, but even then ... could be janky.

I don't think @chrishaleua  have you seen anything like this baked into product without using embedded cards or anything custom?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @jaeW_at_Onyx - Right, that's why I suggested to talk to the CSM to possibly having both the windowing function and the aggregate / windowing filters enabled. You are correct in that it might not have the expected results at times and is still sort of use at your own risk.

• That beast mode calculated field seems to do the trick! Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.