Chart Type

Hi,

I am trying to build a card that mimics an Excel report (See attached).  User could select 1 and (only 1) building number from a Filter, and the data would populate accordingly.  What is the right chart type to achieve this?

TIA

Best Answer

• Sam_Y
    Sam_Y Member
    Answer ✓

I found that the Transpose option on the Table Chart Type met my needs.  Thanks for the advice

Answers

• I would suggest the pivot table card so that you can get it in the layout you want. I would also make Building Number a quick filter and then click on the wheel cog of that quick filter and choose Single Select, so that they can only choose one building at a time.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Sam_Y
    Sam_Y Member

I tired the Pivot Table but defaults to Count Aggregation for non-numerical fields like Address or State.  Do you have any other suggestions?

• I assume in your raw data you have one row per building and then the metrics going across in columns.

If that's the case then you need o collapse the metrics such that your end result is one row per building per metric.  (use the collapse columns MagicETL tile).

Then you can pivot as @MarkSnodgrass  where Metric is in Rows and the Value is the Metric Amount.

One of the challenges though is the the Metric Amount column will want all the data in the column to be of the same data type.  So if one Metric is measured as an Integer, and another metric is text, percent, or decimal, getting the proper formatting might be tough.

@user045611 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to build a card that mimics an Excel report (See attached).  User could select 1 and (only 1) building number from a Filter, and the data would populate accordingly.  What is the right chart type to achieve this?

TIA

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Sam_Y
    Sam_Y Member
    Answer ✓

I found that the Transpose option on the Table Chart Type met my needs.  Thanks for the advice

This discussion has been closed.