ETL Copy or to SQL

Hello,

I am trying to solve the following problem and seeing if I could do one or the other to solve this issue and best way to do it.

Problem: I have an ETL that I want to copy. New inputs and different ETL to create new datasets.

- Is there a way to copy ETL?  From what I've read there currently is no way.  If I am wrong about that, how is it possible?

- Is there a way to convert ETL to SQL?  This way I can copy and paste the SQL and re-create the dataflow that way.

Thank you

John

Comments

• You can copy existing ETLs. In the Data Center, click on the Dataflow icon on the left. Find your ETL in the list and click on the wrench on the right and choose Create Copy. 

dataflowcopy.PNG

You can then edit the newly copied ETL and give it a new name and new output dataset name. 

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Another option if you have an existing data flow you want to transfer a subsection of a different data flow to you can highlight the section you want and then select copy to clipboard where you can then paste it into the separate existing data flow but if you're starting from scratch @MarkSnodgrass 's method is best.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Great. Unfortunately when I go to data center and try to copy, it only gives me the top 3 options that you have in your screenshot.  The ETL I am trying to copy is created by me.  Any idea why or is this a capability I would need to ask Domo Support to add for me.

• @user06209 - What dataset permissions do you have? You might be limited based on your role.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**