Frequency Over Time Chart Type

Hi, does anyone know of a way to create a chart that looks like the attached? Custom chart? I want to use a chart like this to represent the # of tech support incidents getting created over time. I know a line chart could work. I like how this chart categorizes them in bands. 0-10, 10-100, 100-1000, etc.

Comments

• Hi @sdarmody 

The closest chart would be the Flex Table however it doesn't support the heatmap banding that you're wanting. You'll likely need to create a customer chart for this specific use case.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • @sdarmody You might be able to pull this off with a Heat Map card. Here is a basic example. Use your date for category 1, your count of tech support incidents for the value, and then a company name or something that doesn't have multiple values for category 2 so that your don't have multiple rows. You could create a beast mode with a hard-coded value if you don't have anything. In the Date Range filter, choose to Graph by Day. You can then use the heatmap options to control the coloring, etc...

heatmap.PNG

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • If you like the idea of grouping data into bands ... why don't you just group the data into bands?

case when sum amount < 100 then .. 

when sum(amount) < 200 then ...

when sum(amount) < 1000 then ..

else ...

end

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.