md5 or sha1 in beast mode

Does beast-mode support functions like md5 or any alternative?

Best Answer

• Gijs
    Gijs Member
    Answer ✓

We need some unguessable verification-key, for deeplinking back to our plaform.

We did that by concat some fields and md5 it, but that does not work in beast mode.

the MYSQL dataflow will take too long to run on each dataset update. 

im now looking into storing a random verification-key in our db and include that in the ETL,

but im open for suggestion might you have it!

Answers

• Jamie
    Jamie Member

Hi,

I don't believe either of those fuctions are valid in the beastmode syntax.

You can however use both MD5 and SHA1 in a MySQL Dataflow.

Additionally, it is possible to encrypt data when importing via workbench - if this was your goal.

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_Using_Workbench_5/Encrypting%2C_Decrypting%2C_and_Hashing_Workbench_5_Data

Thanks,

Jamie.

• What would you use it for?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Gijs
    Gijs Member
    Answer ✓

We need some unguessable verification-key, for deeplinking back to our plaform.

We did that by concat some fields and md5 it, but that does not work in beast mode.

the MYSQL dataflow will take too long to run on each dataset update. 

im now looking into storing a random verification-key in our db and include that in the ETL,

but im open for suggestion might you have it!

• can you concat / process the data as you push it into Domo?  I.e. apply the MD5 processing during ingestion instead of trying to display in Analyzer / in ETL?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Gijs
    Gijs Member

Thanks for your suggestion! we gonna store it with our own data-store and ship it with the ETL.