JSON Pagination with Response Header

I'm new to working with Domo and the data connectors, but I'm attempting to use the JSON No Code Connector to pull in data from an API. This connector has options for paging and to get the next page or URL from the results. However, this API returns the paging data in the headers. Are there any workarounds for this, or different connectors that offer the functionality to get the next page from the headers?

Comments

• if you're comfortable writing javascript, have a look at developer.domo.com specifically:  https://developer.domo.com/docs/custom-connectors/connector-dev-studio,  this might be a more ... satisfying experience.

without a sample of data or screenshots ... i don't really understand what you're asking.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jamie
    Jamie Domo Employee

Hi,

I recall trying to work around something similar a while ago.

If you expand the 'Pagination' sub-section of the 'Parsing' area within the connector settings, Domo allows you to specify a parameter name.

If I remember correcty you can enter the name of the parameter from your header that holds the key value pair for the number of pages which is used to get the results.

It did take me a bit of trial and error on this one when I was doing it.

Hope this is useful, if not, please provide a bit more detail for us to try and help.

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 18.08.18.png

• Thank you for your reply! The API I'm making a request to returns a Link header indicating how to get the next page of results. I've attached a screenshot of the header response I receive in postman. I attempted to fill in the fields you have in the screenshot, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. It's possible that @jaeW_at_Onyx is correct that I may need to build a custom connector to loop through the response to make another request to the URL in the header.