How to fix the line to a particular filter selection element

Hello,

I have a grouped bar + line card. there is also another Filter card that allows user to select inventory, gross sales, net sales.each of these needs to be shown as a grouped bar and inventory to be shown as line.

This works fine when all of the filter elements are selected, but if user selects say gross sales and net sales then one of them becomes a bar and another a line.

Requirement is to show the line only when Inventory is selected.

How to fix this? all the filter element selection needs to be shown in one card.

Comments

• @user063417 ,

Analyzer decides what becomes a bar or a line based on position of the field on the series (ex 1st, 2nd, 3rd) So if you apply a filter that restricts from showing 3 metrics to 2 metrics, by definition, you'll shift position of the metrics and therefore reassign Inventory from Line to Bar (for example).

As a workaround, you can alter your dashboard so that the metrics filter does not interact with the visualization. (Edit the Dashboard > click Card > Edit Interactions and make an explicit list of cards impacted by the filter).

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • The problem is we need the bars and line to be visible based on filter selection. Actually we are trying to replicate a Power BI report.

Is there any other way we can implement the same, and make sure Line appears only when Inventory is selected?

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

I dont think that's possible because of the way that chart type works. It will always make the first series the line. You cant hide the line and show only the bars. 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
This discussion has been closed.