'Export as pdf' is greyed out

user060210
user060210 Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I have been exporting a particular dashboard to provide a report to a stakeholder. I last did this only about a week ago.

Today when I went to do this the 'export as pdf' option was greyed out and inaccessible.  Any ideas why and how to fix this? 

Comments

• That usually has to do with the "height" of a page, once a page reaches a certain "height" Domo will warn you "Your content is getting taller" and then won't allow you to export as a PDF. 

You can either make your page shorter or just email the page. If it's a story, stories email really well. 

• It does seem to the page height but I am not getting any message when a page is too high.  I just shrunk them all until the option reappeared....

• It's something I've brought up with Domo, there needs to be a "return to here" option so you know how small to reduce things. 

• if you stick to any of the pre-defined layouts, the cards are pre-sized to support exporting.  I've also found that using borders in my dashboard to subdivide my page helps ensure I get notifications about which sections exceed the dimensions that allow exporting.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Billobi
    Billobi Contributor

That's a good workaround Jae, but I think it's a cumbersome one that Domo shouldn't require of its users.  If a story is too tall to export, I'd rather see it shrink itself down to print, or figure out a way to print a taller PDF.  Either way, figuring it out without user intervention.  Will hunt around on Ideas Exchange to improve the functionality ?

Thank you for the idea though on how to combat the issue!

Bill

• @Billobi you can also use the border element too subdivide your dashboard.  Domo will assume that content between borders are supposed to fit on one page, so if your content exceeds one page, it'll throw an error message in the Dashboard Design mode.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"