User/Group DOMOSupport needed? pages? cards?

Jessica
Jessica Contributor
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

I am cleaning up our users and groups on cards and pages and I noticed sometimes the user "DOMOSupport" is listed in the access.  On pages and or on cards.

Can you tell me the guidelines around this?  Is it necessary and why and when would it benefit us to do this.

Thanks!

DomoSupport.JPG

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

Definitely a question you should direct to support@domo.com

Typically though support won't take ownership of something in your instance except to test, and even then, they usually don't create content in your instance.

You can safely reassign cards and dashboards to an internal account.  

Do follow recommendations from the labs to for any enterprise apps i.e. Enterprise Stacker or Data Assembler, those go through a process to get set up and thats not something you wanna mess up ?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

Definitely a question you should direct to support@domo.com

Typically though support won't take ownership of something in your instance except to test, and even then, they usually don't create content in your instance.

You can safely reassign cards and dashboards to an internal account.  

Do follow recommendations from the labs to for any enterprise apps i.e. Enterprise Stacker or Data Assembler, those go through a process to get set up and thats not something you wanna mess up ?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jessica
    Jessica Contributor

Thanks for your response.  I wasn't looking for DOMO to take ownership.  I was simply trying to find out what the purpose of the "user" was as it is used inconsistently in our environment.

This discussion has been closed.