PDP policies keep getting disabled

Options

We utilize a child instance for our external partners and the dataset that powers their dashboard has PDP policies set up. However, PDP keeps getting disabled on its own - pretty much every night. Any ideas why this might be happening? I've checked the main instance to make sure that there were no policies in place on that dataset.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

oh wow.  that sounds risky.  I wonder if that activity is captured in the activity logs.  If it's not, definitely something to raise as a feature request because that's the kind of thing you'd want to be notified about.

keep in mind I wouldn't expect PDP policies to automigrate between a parent and subscriber instance of Domo b/c the user ids and groups would not be the same between the two instances (even if they had the same name).  

If it's a recurring problem, you could automate and script the use the JavaCLI and or the java PDP Utility to test and enable PDP policies.  

i would recommend submitting a support ticket to see if they can help isolate the issue.  But again ... i'm unsurprised this is not working the way you'd intuitively expect it to if you're moving data from one instance to another.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

oh wow.  that sounds risky.  I wonder if that activity is captured in the activity logs.  If it's not, definitely something to raise as a feature request because that's the kind of thing you'd want to be notified about.

keep in mind I wouldn't expect PDP policies to automigrate between a parent and subscriber instance of Domo b/c the user ids and groups would not be the same between the two instances (even if they had the same name).  

If it's a recurring problem, you could automate and script the use the JavaCLI and or the java PDP Utility to test and enable PDP policies.  

i would recommend submitting a support ticket to see if they can help isolate the issue.  But again ... i'm unsurprised this is not working the way you'd intuitively expect it to if you're moving data from one instance to another.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"