is there a way to not allow user see page filter?

Options
WizardOz
WizardOz Contributor
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

I have a special dashboard, because of data privacy issue, we cannot show any group with less than 20 people.  So we preset up filters user>20 in the cards with different user segmentations .  However, when user click on part of these cards, these segmentation variables show up as page filter, and all groups will be shown, and users can still select the small groups from there.  Is there a way to not allow user to see the page filter when they interact with cards? 

In addition, when user adds new filter, is there a way to control which variable can be used?  for some user data such as name, email etc, we do not want them to be in the filter list.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could wrap your metrics in a CASE / COUNT DISTINCT

CASE WHEN (Count ( Distinct USER ID) <= 20 then NULL ELSE <Metric> ) END

Think through if you want to FILTER Out Rows (with a WHERE clause) for groups that shouldn't belong.  How does that affect the overal metric if I'm showing % of total?  

If you want to exlcude out rows, you could use a DataView + Aggregate Filtered on the HAVING clause, then JOIN to the raw dataset to exclude segments.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could wrap your metrics in a CASE / COUNT DISTINCT

CASE WHEN (Count ( Distinct USER ID) <= 20 then NULL ELSE <Metric> ) END

Think through if you want to FILTER Out Rows (with a WHERE clause) for groups that shouldn't belong.  How does that affect the overal metric if I'm showing % of total?  

If you want to exlcude out rows, you could use a DataView + Aggregate Filtered on the HAVING clause, then JOIN to the raw dataset to exclude segments.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.