Why I am facing this issue while saving my cards?

KPI.JPG

I am facing this issue while saving the HTML table card

I have created 4 beast mode and they are having code from 500 to 1000 lines in case statements.

But they are not giving any error while dropping them in the column and getting validated properly.

although the card is taking so much to save and after some time it is throwing this error.

Comments

• The card is taking more than 5 min of time for saving

@user064197 wrote:

KPI.JPG

I am facing this issue while saving the HTML table card

I have created 4 beast mode and they are having code from 500 to 1000 lines in case statements.

But they are not giving any error while dropping them in the column and getting validated properly.

although the card is taking so much to save and after some time it is throwing this error.

e

• Heidi
    Heidi Domo Employee

Hi, having 500 to 1000 lines of code within a Beast Mode may work for a preview, but then when Domo has to calculate each of those lines, each and every time, it may very likely timeout. Beast Modes do not actually alter the data, and as such they have to run through each and every line of code every time they load, which can take a significant amount of time and may time out (as you have noticed)

Can you try simplifying by looking at the source data and either converting the beast modes in through a magic etl or sql dataflow, or adding some of the case statements into the source dataset somehow? That will most likely be your best bet in the long term for your data as well.

Hopefully that helps! Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.