Single value Card - most recent data

I have a single value card that produces the number of hospitalizations today.  My dataset is updated everyday at around 3 p.m.  I have the date range set to today.  I know there must be a way,  beast mode or transform, to specify the value from yesterday if today's data is showing zero.  FYI, the actual value will only be zero when the data has not been updated.

I've searched the knowledge base and Dojo without finding anything that addresses this. 

Very novice beast mode user; no programming backround.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I think you can accomplish this by making use of the various chart properties, sorting, and filtering capabilities and not have to worry about a beast mode.

Try this:

1. Set your Date Range filter back to all time

2. Drag your date field into the Sorting section and sort by ASC and make sure it is set to No Aggregation.

3. In the Chart Properties - General, choose Last Row for Value.

4. Drag the column your hospitalizations column into the Filtering section and filter it to Greater Than 0.

This combination should keep things dynamic for you and always show you the latest non-zero value.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I think you can accomplish this by making use of the various chart properties, sorting, and filtering capabilities and not have to worry about a beast mode.

Try this:

1. Set your Date Range filter back to all time

2. Drag your date field into the Sorting section and sort by ASC and make sure it is set to No Aggregation.

3. In the Chart Properties - General, choose Last Row for Value.

4. Drag the column your hospitalizations column into the Filtering section and filter it to Greater Than 0.

This combination should keep things dynamic for you and always show you the latest non-zero value.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Mark - Thank you so much!  I couldn't see the forest throught the trees and this was so easy.  Thanks again, Laurie