Previous Period Date Range - Auto Calculation

Hi all,

I don't have a ton of eperience with Beast Mode/ETL, but was hoping to learn a little more from this. I'm looking to compare sessions for a period between two dates, to the previous period, also between two dates. So, for example, if I have an ad campaign that ran from 6/1/19 - 1/31/20, the previous period would be 9/29/18 - 5/31/19. I know I can do this with a "period over period" chart, but that would require me to calculate the previous period myself. Due to the number of dashboards that will utilize this card, I want something that can perform that calculation automatically, just by setting an initial date range. My data is coming from the Google Analytics connector.

Tl;dr: Is there a way to create a card, that when given a certain date range, will automatically caluclate the previous period and show percent change in sessions between the two? My agency has been using Google Data Studio to create a dashboard with this data before, however I'm hoping that by using DOMO I can simplify dashboard creation. I'm attaching an image of the section of our Data Studio dashboard I'm trying to replicate with this card.

If there's any additional information you need from me to assist, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers