PDP page filtering

user027658
user027658 Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Hi,

We have a dashboard set up with PDP applied. We have a group of participant users that have access to all the rows, but need to be able to choose the policy. As far as I can see, the PDP page filter does not appear for participants, but does for Admin users. Is there any way for participants to be able to access this?

Thanks

Best Answer

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

I suppose you could make a test account that is an Admin and just carefully control access to credentials.

For a multi-tenant environment, Domo Publish might be the best / most secure solution that mitigates risk of data leak.

In the absence of that option, check with your CSM about Custom Roles.  There is a grant specifically for managing PDP policies.  I don't know if you could use 'participant' as a baseline and then layer on that grant AND acchieve the use case you're looking for.

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• PDP was not designed as an alternative to Filtering... i think organizations get themselves into trouble when they start mixing up the two.

Take a look at building Beast Modes or using Webforms fusioned to datasets where you define custom groups to create custom groupings... but i strongly recommend against trying to use PDP as 'toggle-able filter'.

Also, ask your CSM about Filter Groups to see if that might help for your use case.

Jae Wilson

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for the reply.

To give this more context, the primary reason for using PDP is to separate our multitenant client data from each other. The particular usecase I mentioned is for internal use as internal participant users need to be able to see separate client data as if they were the client.

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Coach
    Answer ✓

I suppose you could make a test account that is an Admin and just carefully control access to credentials.

For a multi-tenant environment, Domo Publish might be the best / most secure solution that mitigates risk of data leak.

In the absence of that option, check with your CSM about Custom Roles.  There is a grant specifically for managing PDP policies.  I don't know if you could use 'participant' as a baseline and then layer on that grant AND acchieve the use case you're looking for.

Jae Wilson

This discussion has been closed.