OFFSET function in a table view

Hey Dojo!

I'm looking to create a table that will dynamically show change between the row and the row above it.  We need the table to automatically update the formula when one of the rows is filtered out (which makes doing this in ETL impossible).  My idea was to do this with an LAG function or an OFFSET function, but since we're working in beast mode I don't belive LAG is an option.  I appreciate any advice you all have and have provided a quick example of how I would like the table to behave!  

image.png

image.png

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Window functions are available in beast mode, but they are not turned on by default. Ask your CSM to enable "window functions in beast mode". They will get enabled and then you should be do it. You won't have any intellisense when you type, but the functions will validate.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Window functions are available in beast mode, but they are not turned on by default. Ask your CSM to enable "window functions in beast mode". They will get enabled and then you should be do it. You won't have any intellisense when you type, but the functions will validate.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.