Flex Table with only one column

hamza_123
hamza_123 Contributor

How do I make a flex table with only one column? I don't want more than one columns, but it seems that the flex table input needs at least two columns to work. Could anyone help?

If not, then I was thinking of using a Comparitive Guage as an alternative. However, I cannot make the beast mode calculation as per my needs to work on a Comparative Guage. Here's the two columns I have to use:

Date: Shows date of purchase

Product ID: Shows product ID of sold product

Note: Product IDs can be repeated becaue same product IDs can be sold more than one time. 

I have a date filter on my dashboard. Through the presets mode, I can choose any weekly time range: last week, last 2 weeks,  last 3 weeks etc. 

I want the comparative guage (another card on dashboard) to show the difference between the number of product IDs sold during the last date and the latest date. 

I can do this easily with a flex table, but for that I need more than one column. 

Comparative guage asks me for previous value and new value. I dont understand how to make a beast mode calculation that takes the distinct product ids for the oldest date selected, and the latest one. Here's my best guess:

Previous value: Count ( Distinct ( Case when 'date' = min('date') then 'Product ID'))

Latest value: Count ( Distinct ( Case when 'date' = max('date') then 'Product ID'))

But this does not work. I think because min('date') is the same date for that row. 

Any help?

Comments

• Neeti
    Neeti Member

Hi @hamza_123 ,

Did you try making them making hidden? I suggest you to add multiple columns in table and mark them hidden from general properties window. Make just one column visible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Thanks,

Neeti

• @hamza_123 

Which column are you attempting to hide? If you want to Hide a column in the flex table you can do this under General settings by selecting Empty from the drop down for the Column #.

You can't utilize a beast mode to do this because the beast mode will look at each row individually. You'd need to calculate the min and max in an ETL before it gets to the card.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • hamza_123
    hamza_123 Contributor

A column appears as a row in the flex table. So i'm trying to hide a rown in the flex table. 

• Can you filter that value out via the card filters?

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • hamza_123
    hamza_123 Contributor

No I cannot

• Neeti
    Neeti Member

Hi @hamza_123 ,

I had a similiar issue in past and I have written a beast mode, and changed the color of column which is a row now. It was somthing like, check if value is 'static_column_name' then change color.

Since beast mode works row wise, I suggest you to give a try based on your static column name(which is a row now). 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Thanks,

Neeti

This discussion has been closed.