Tiered Date Chart Properties

Has anyone had any luck successfully using the Tiered Dates in the Chart Properties? I haven't been able to figure out how it's supposed to work, and the only documentation I can find on it is the original release notes when it was first announced and one other article that it links to, neither of which go into much detail. 

The card I've started is a Line chart, graphed by the last 7 days by hour and I'm trying to have the X axis display like the below screenshot from this Knowledge Base article. Can anyone provide some direction on how to acheive this? Thanks in advance!

Tiered Dates Example.PNG

Comments

• Can you show the chart properties of the card you are building?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Category Scale (X):

Category Scale (X).PNG

Trellis/Tiered Date Settings:

Trellis Tiered Date Settings.PNG

Date Settings:

Date Settings.PNG

And this is how the scale currently looks:

Current X Axis.PNG

• My first suggestion would be to try removing the "Date Output Format" and setting the "Never Use Time Scale" back to default from the Category Scale (X) section.  

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • That was my first thought as well, but when I do that it doesn't come out as clean:

Never Use Time Scale.PNG

• I didn't have a dataset with a timestamp on it, but here is a similar view using days and months:tiered dates 1.png

Here are the chart properties:tiered dates 2.png

tiered dates 3.png

Let me know if that helps.

Or, if you don't mind attaching some sample data that I could use, I could try with some of your data.

• I was able to get the same result as you with my data. Even with the date/time field it still defaulted to the month and day axis. I've attached a sample, so please let me know if you're able to figure anything out. Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.