Map Card Auto-Sums values and this is not what I want

I am using one of the standard maps, and I have phase information associated with each territory.  Sometimes a location will appears in multiple phases, because events will be done twice in that territory.

So for example

Territory   |  Phase

New York |   1

California |   2

New York |   3

No matter what I seem to do, the data for phase always gets summed, so instead of New York showing phase 1 and phase 3, it ends up showing phase 4.  Summing the phase is not the desired behavior.  I want it to show that New York is both phase 1 and phase 3.

I have tried:

1.  Changing the Phase values in the source from numbers to strings.

2.  Setting the Value > Calcuation to "No Aggregation"

How would I get it to show phases when there are multiple phases associated with a territory?

Comments

• I think there a couple ways to solve this. First, in the State Value, choose No Aggregation. This will keep your phase value from summing. I would then add your Phase as a quick filter to allow users to choose which phase to look at it. You can use the Hover Text Settings and the Ranges to control the color and text that is displayed.

Another option would be to create a beast mode called PhaseValue (or whatever makes sense to you) and create a case statement like this:

(CASE WHEN `Phase` > 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)

You would then drag this beast mode field into the State Value field. You would still want to use the quick filters to view different phases.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
This discussion has been closed.