friendly naming or information in filters

Ramon_Romero
Ramon_Romero Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Hello Domo Community

We are looking for a friendlier way to present the available fields in the card filters, I understand that I can create Beast Mode of the fields but this doubles the amount of fields available to the user and would generate more doubts than it solves.

Is there any way we can assign an alias in the same way that it is assigned for quick filters? or maybe a "tool tip text" about the fields.

I already tried in the schema of the dataflow, but that description is not shown in the filters.

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• I would suggest using the Select Columns in the ETL dataflow. This will allow you to rename your columns to friendlier names. You can select just a few columns or select all columns and then just rename the ones that you need,

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks Mark,

We already consider this option, but this would need us to re-writhe all the cards we have, we founf this field we may use to set the column information "DataFlow- Data - Schema" is there any way the final user can see this as "tool tip text" or something like that?

• It looks like a tootlip does show up if you add a description on the schema page of the dataset. This first screenshot is from the schema tab showing the added descriptions:

schema.PNG

And this screenshot is from the Analyzer. Notice that there is a "i" icon next to the field that has a description. If you click on it, it will show you the description.

tooltip.PNG

Hopefully, this will achieve what you are looking to do.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.