Annotation by Filter

I think I know the answer to this but want to double check. When using a date annotation.  If you ONLY wanted to annotate a date BECAUSE of a filter.  Say just for one account or something was filter, then you'd want to annotate a date.  But with any other filter applied you don't care.  Is there a way to sync the date annotate to ONLY show when the proper filter is applied or show what filters it would apply to?  Thanks, Matt

Tagged:

Comments

• I don't think there's a way to do this since the annotations are stored on the date level and not any filtered sublevel.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Jarvis
    Jarvis Contributor

Hi There,

I don't know of a way to do this either. Could you look at building cards filtered for specific situations like this?

Jarvis

• Thanks for all the replies.  I think what I'll do is create a filtered annotation google sheet offsite and then for my annotation, tell the user to reference that cell. So that way people that may not need to see the annotation won't/can't and reduce any confusion.  Maybe I'll do something like "Filtered Annotation Note found on FILENAME at Row Y.  Something like that.  I dunno, thinking out loud.  Thanks again.  

This discussion has been closed.