Adding Columns in Calculator and losing values

I am adding two columns together in a Calculator function and where one column is blank, the sum is blank despite data in the first column.  In other words, as shown below, red plus blue plus black should equal the figure highlighted.  I have tried the data set as is (with blanks) as well as with zeroes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You need to replace the blanks with a zero prior to using the calculator. To do this, insert the value mapper tile and do the following in the steps of the value mapper:

1. Select your column that has the blank values

2. Choose Overwrite values in searched columns

3. Keep the original value

4. Click the wheel cog and select Null value or Empty string depending on what those blanks actually are.

5. Enter 0

You can then link this to your calculator tile and it should add your columns without issue.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

You need to replace the blanks with a zero prior to using the calculator. To do this, insert the value mapper tile and do the following in the steps of the value mapper:

1. Select your column that has the blank values

2. Choose Overwrite values in searched columns

3. Keep the original value

4. Click the wheel cog and select Null value or Empty string depending on what those blanks actually are.

5. Enter 0

You can then link this to your calculator tile and it should add your columns without issue.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Worked like a charm, thank you!