How do you show complex calculation definitions?

Options
NewsomSolutions
NewsomSolutions Contributor
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

So I have some beast mode calcs, some calcs that I've done in ETL, and some raw data that I get in that I'd like to share easily with the end users how those numbers are calculated or defined.  My thought is to share out a card that is just a definitions type card for that info, but was wondering what other folks do?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Matt

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

We use the card definition field for this. Aside from an explanation of the card, when we get to defining how we calculated something we will surround the equation with *

Like this:

* x + y = z *

In the card definition, that causes it to bold the lines between the two astrisks. Maybe that will help with what you're after.

-Valiant

Answers

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

We use the card definition field for this. Aside from an explanation of the card, when we get to defining how we calculated something we will surround the equation with *

Like this:

* x + y = z *

In the card definition, that causes it to bold the lines between the two astrisks. Maybe that will help with what you're after.

-Valiant

• NewsomSolutions
    Options

Thanks @Valiant I'll give that a shot.

• Ritwik
    Ritwik Contributor
    Options

Wow, I never knew we could format the card descriptions...  are there any other options for formatting? Italics? 

@Valiant 

Edit: Actually..this no longer seems to work? Atleast on a card in the stories dashboard format. 

This discussion has been closed.