Progress Bar

user099612
user099612 Member
edited March 2023 in Scheduled Reports

Is there anyway to place a target line on the progress bar chart? 

Also, is there a way maybe in beast mode to change the colour of the bar when it exceeds certain percentages e.g. < 80% = Red, < 90% = Amber and 100% = Green? 

Best Answers

• Aditya_Jain
    Aditya_Jain Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi @user099612 ,

Yes,It's possible to adjust the colour, you can set the conditions under the Colour Rule settings of the graph.

Hope this helps.

Aditya Jain

'Happy to Help'
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I recently did a bullet chart as @Aditya_Jain  suggested and created green, yellow and red bard based off of percentages by creating beast modes and color rules. The end result looks likes this:

bullet.PNG

I created a beast mode for Green that just has a value I want for green and then put that value in the Range 1 value. I did the same for Yellow and Red and dragged them into Range 2 and Range 3 values, respectively. 

I then added color rules where I choose each of the beast modes that I had created and set them to Always for the condition and chose the color to match their name. 

The grey vertical line is from the Target Value, which you can create a beast mode for and drag into place as well.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• Hi @user099612 ,

As such you can not add a line on the progress bar, but I can suggest you another chart type,
    Under horizontal chart types, select bullet graph (this is available in vertical chart type as well, whicherver suits your need)

Here we have a target line by default.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Aditya Jain

'Happy to Help'
  • Thanks for this, would definitely explore that graph type. Do you know whether there is a way to adjust colour of bar based on percentage? 

• Aditya_Jain
    Aditya_Jain Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi @user099612 ,

Yes,It's possible to adjust the colour, you can set the conditions under the Colour Rule settings of the graph.

Hope this helps.

Aditya Jain

'Happy to Help'
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I recently did a bullet chart as @Aditya_Jain  suggested and created green, yellow and red bard based off of percentages by creating beast modes and color rules. The end result looks likes this:

bullet.PNG

I created a beast mode for Green that just has a value I want for green and then put that value in the Range 1 value. I did the same for Yellow and Red and dragged them into Range 2 and Range 3 values, respectively. 

I then added color rules where I choose each of the beast modes that I had created and set them to Always for the condition and chose the color to match their name. 

The grey vertical line is from the Target Value, which you can create a beast mode for and drag into place as well.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Thanks to you both, this sounds great, I would give it a go. 

This discussion has been closed.