Show data for signed in SSO name

I created a dataset containing all IT tickets.

Now I'd like to create a card that shows tickets where the submitter is the signed in Domo user.

Both our incident registration system and Domo are using SSO, but so far I can't figure out a way to connect them.

So the dataset contains a field called 'Submitter' which contains the SSO name.

Is there a way to create a beast mode that pulls the SSO name / Windows name so I can connect the submitter to it?

As far as I can see PDP doesn't work this way.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Ron,

I suggest you to take a look at 'Activity Log' report DomoStat Dataset. There you can get the info of user Logged in through SSO, under the column 'Action'. Please check it, this might solve your query,as a suggestion, be careful with log out time also to see if user was still logged in or logged out. Along with this you can also check the 'People' report under the same dataset for more info on users.

To get the dataset, kindly follow the following steps,

1. Go to 'Cloud App'(same place where you get the connectors) option under data center menu
    2. In the search bar, type DomoStat and open the DomoStat dataset
    3. In the 'Report' dropdown of the menu, Select 'Activity Log' and pull the data for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Aditya Jain

'Happy to Help'
  • Ron
    Ron Member

Hi @Aditya_Jain,

Thanks a lot for your reply, this is good to know.

Though I'm affraid this doesn't help me with what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is a possibility to connect the logged in Domo user name to a user name in a dataset that pulls from an external system.

For example I'd like to create a Domo card that shows active and past IT tickets of the person logged in to Domo.

When I open the card, it should show my IT tickets.

When a colleague opens the card it should shows that person's tickets.

I was hoping SSO user name or logged in Domo user name could be used for this.

I guess this is not possible (yet). It would be a very useful feature.

Br,

Ron

• Hi @Ron ,

This could be a useful feature. You can go ahead and input this idea on the 'Ideas Exchange' forum.

'Happy to Help'
This discussion has been closed.