lastvalue replace variables workbench 5

I am trying to get our table to append new info everyday instead of replacing our tables every day.  when I try to use the lastvalue in workbench 5 I am getting the same error:

[11.14.19 2:12:27 PM] One or more errors occurred.
ERROR [HY000] [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected 

I ran the query:

SELECT DISTINCT
A.*

FROM
WH_ACCTDEPOSIT A

ORDER BY A.EFFDATE

and then I ran it to append: 

SELECT DISTINCT
A.*

FROM
WH_ACCTDEPOSIT A

WHERE
A.EFFDATE>'!{LASTVALUE:EFFDATE}!'

ORDER BY A.EFFDATE

I have tried every way to enter that date Value that I can think of and I also tried to make a custom date format transform but I have gotten the same error every time.  I have tried to follow the following link for details but I must be missing something:

https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_Using_Workbench_5/13Workbench_5_FAQs#What_are_the_recommended_specifications_to_run_Workbench.3F

Best Answer

• Mr_53
    Mr_53 Member
    Answer ✓

I was able to get it to work, I had two problems. 

first !{lastvalue:}! is case sensitive it needed to be lower case.  

second I had to format the date TO_DATE('!{lastvalue:EFFDATE}!', 'YYYY/MM/DD') 

so the final product looked like:

SELECT DISTINCT
        A.*

FROM
        WH_ACCTDEPOSIT A

WHERE
        A.EFFDATE > TO_DATE('!{lastvalue:EFFDATE}!', 'YYYY/MM/DD')
    ORDER BY

A.EFFDATE

on the Replacement Variables tab the Column name was EFFDATE and the Vaue was 11/30/2019 12:00:00 AM

Answers

• I'm not super familiar with setting this up in Workbench, but it appears that the LAST_VALUE syntax in oracle would require some kind of a window

last_value.png

I'm not sure how to define the window in workbench, but I would assume your issue is with the last value function in your where clause

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Mr_53
    Mr_53 Member
    Answer ✓

I was able to get it to work, I had two problems. 

first !{lastvalue:}! is case sensitive it needed to be lower case.  

second I had to format the date TO_DATE('!{lastvalue:EFFDATE}!', 'YYYY/MM/DD') 

so the final product looked like:

SELECT DISTINCT
        A.*

FROM
        WH_ACCTDEPOSIT A

WHERE
        A.EFFDATE > TO_DATE('!{lastvalue:EFFDATE}!', 'YYYY/MM/DD')
    ORDER BY

A.EFFDATE

on the Replacement Variables tab the Column name was EFFDATE and the Vaue was 11/30/2019 12:00:00 AM

This discussion has been closed.