creating a formula for quarters based on value received at month level

for quarter 1 

where month = jan , feb , march 

if data = 1 , then 

sum = sum+1 

else 

sum = sum+2

basicially i want to write a formula where i need to check that if there is data in months, then add 1 , else add2. and this calculation is based on quarter level. I dont know how to write this in DOMO case

Comments

• It depends on how your data is structure and how you represent if there's data in the field or not but assuming you have NULL if the data is missing you could do something like this in a Beast Mode (assuming you're graphing on a quarterly basis):

CASE WHEN MAX(`Data`) IS NULL THEN
      `Sum` + 2
    ELSE
      `Sum` + 1
    END

It gets a bit more complex if you're graphing on something other than a quarterly basis but want to look for data within a monthly grouping. In that case you'd need to utilize a groupby widget in a Magic ETL to get the max and then use a value mapper to convert the nulls to 2 and non-nulls to 1 and then combine those back together with your original dataset

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • If you need more help on this, it would be helpful to learn more about your data structure and how you are wanting to display it.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman