Beast mode as filter

I created a beast mode to calculate $/visit, in my table chart, I wanted to show $/visit when it is great than 0. Any one has an way to work around since beast mode cannot be used as a filter?

Thank you.

Olivia 

Comments

• I have used many beast modes to filters. Here is a screenshot of adding one to the filter section and it worked for me. Perhaps something is going on with your beast mode?filter.PNG

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • jeffcroskrey
    jeffcroskrey Domo Employee

Hi @WizardOz! Can you share the Beast Mode that is causing the issue? As @MarkSnodgrass mentioned, Beast Modes will work as filters, however if your Beast Mode is an aggregate, (if it has SUM, MAX, AVG, etc), then it wont work as a filter.  There is a Beta filter that will allow you to filter on an aggregate, but it is not in everyone's instance.  Let us know if you would like to learn more. 

Thank you!

• @jeffcroskrey tell me more about this beta... and why hasn't @chucki invited me to it yet?

?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • WizardOz
    WizardOz Contributor

Yes, my beast mode is an aggregated formula.  I am very interested in this beta, can you please give me more info?  This will save me tons of efforts becuse in some cases, I had to make the calcualtion in the dataflow.

Thank you.

Olivia

sum(case when `stc_indicator`=1 then `amo_cost` end)/((COUNT(DISTINCT (CASE when `amo_flag`=1 then `true_visit_id` end)))-(COUNT(DISTINCT CASE when `amo_flag`=1 then CONCAT(`visitor_id`,`bounceflag`)end )))

• jeffcroskrey

Hi @ST_-Superman-_ ! You can work with your Customer Success Manager to get this enabled, if you do not know who that is, send me a PM and I will look into getting you added.  

Here is som quick info on it:

Aggregated Filters is in Alpha, and there are known limitations. Aggregated filters are not supported in some areas of the product. Here are some of the following limitations:
    - Export to excel and PPT is not supported at this time 
    - Aggregated Beast Mode will not work as a Quick Filter
    - Current Value Summary number using the Aggregated BM isn’t supported

• jeffcroskrey

Hi @WizardOz ! You are right on the aggregated formula in your Beast Mode, that would cause issues with filtering.  The aggregated filters feature is still in Alpha, and there are known limitations, you can reach out to your Customer Success Manager to have it enabled, if you do not know who that is, you can send me a PM and I will look into getting you added.   

Here is a little bit more information on the it:

Aggregated Filters is in Alpha, and there are known limitations. Aggregated filters are not supported in some areas of the product. Here are some of the following limitations:
    - Export to excel and PPT is not supported at this time 
    - Aggregated Beast Mode will not work as a Quick Filter
    - Current Value Summary number using the Aggregated BM isn’t supported

• Thanks for the tip here.  We would like to try this as well.  I will contact our CSM.