email configuration

simontarry76
simontarry76 Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

Would be great to have:

-Email groups you could send to (rather than having to enter email addresses individually)

-Change the top and bottom of the email reports - (e.g. 'scheduled report', includes x cards, sent to y people)

-Change the email interactivity settings - so you can configure what happens when you click on the report - not just going straight to DOMO

Best Answers

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@simontarry76  You can make groups in Admin section of Domo and then choose that group when you want to schedule a report, (example make an HR group with all the HR users and then send the report to the HR group).

I believe they are working on something already to customize the header and footer of an email. One way I have gotten around this is by adding a notecard on the page to explain what the report is and who is getting it, then when they get the report it has that notecard at the top.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@simontarry76 If you are specifically wanting to send these reports to users outside of Domo, another option would be to add them as social users. You could then make groups like @Ashleigh suggests.

For the rest, I think these suggestions are great ideas for improvements to further customize scheduled reports. We currently do not have this functionality (though I believe @Ashleigh  is right about something being in the works.

Please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas. You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a new Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members by clicking the white arrow next to the idea

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓

@simontarry76  You can make groups in Admin section of Domo and then choose that group when you want to schedule a report, (example make an HR group with all the HR users and then send the report to the HR group).

I believe they are working on something already to customize the header and footer of an email. One way I have gotten around this is by adding a notecard on the page to explain what the report is and who is getting it, then when they get the report it has that notecard at the top.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

@simontarry76 If you are specifically wanting to send these reports to users outside of Domo, another option would be to add them as social users. You could then make groups like @Ashleigh suggests.

For the rest, I think these suggestions are great ideas for improvements to further customize scheduled reports. We currently do not have this functionality (though I believe @Ashleigh  is right about something being in the works.

Please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas. You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a new Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members by clicking the white arrow next to the idea

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"