Why Pie Chart legend filters the opposite way

WizardOz
WizardOz Contributor

In a pie chart, when an user click on a slice of the pie, it filters out that piece (highlight that piece, and grey out all others).  However, when an user click on a value in legend, it filters out everything but this value?  Does anyone know how to fix it?

In the attached example, I wanted to see Global, but it greyed out Global, and left all other countries. 

Thank you.

Olivia

pie.png 17.6K

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I don't know if there is a way to change it, but I know it is not specific to the pie chart card. That is how Domo has the legend functionality working on line and bar graphs as well with a legend. If you hover over an item in the legend, it isolates that item, but if you click on it, it will remove it. It could be worth submitting it as a feature request to be able to toggle that functionality to work the way you described. I would support having that ability. 

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

I don't know if there is a way to change it, but I know it is not specific to the pie chart card. That is how Domo has the legend functionality working on line and bar graphs as well with a legend. If you hover over an item in the legend, it isolates that item, but if you click on it, it will remove it. It could be worth submitting it as a feature request to be able to toggle that functionality to work the way you described. I would support having that ability. 

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
This discussion has been closed.