Not Getting Scheduled Report Emails From Domo

c7dev
c7dev Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I have setup a scheduled report and it was working just fine until a couple of weeks ago when I mysteriously just stopped recieving the emails.

The report was set to go out to 8 other addresses within my company and they stopped getting it as well. I wanted to rule out any changes made internally as an issue first so I tried sending the report to a non-company address, and it failed to reach that.

The odd part is that Domo's history shows the email being sent as successful.

I have checked the junk mail of each of the destination addresses and it isn't going into there either. I've even tried checking the mail flow through exchange and I show no record of receiving any transmission at all from Domo since the last successful delivery which as I said was a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure what else I can do on my end, but I'd be happy to try more trouble shooting. Right now this seems like an issue with Domo and not with the way I've set things up.

When researching this topic I did find a related post from sberrymba in 2018, but it seems like there wasn't a resolution to the issue at that time either.

Any help would be great, this community has always impressed me with how helpful and responsive it is.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• c7dev
    c7dev Member
    Answer ✓

So crazy random happenstance, outside of the trouble shooting done with MarkS in this thread nothing about the report or schedule has changed, and this morning we got the email.

I'm happy it's working but I'd be happier if I knew what caused the issue so that I could be certain that it wasn't going to happen again.

Answers

• It seems like you checked all the right things as far as mail flow is concerned. Did you check to see if an end date was entered on your report? I see that it defaults an end date to 3 months from the first report. If that is not it. I would suggest opening up a suppor ticket with Domo by sending an e-mail to support@domo.com . 

schedulereport.PNG

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi Mark,

I have the end set out to 10/31/2099. I figured that I just wanted this thing to run until we decide to go with something else and that date was as good as any to keep it going.

I have opened a support ticket with them but sadly I was informed that our tier of service does not include support.

I suppose we just have to deal with a broken product until some larger customer has the same issue.

• That's unfortuante about the support option. Do you only have one card set as a scheduled report? I would try setting a scheduled report on another card and see what happens. I would also try deleting the schedule and re-adding it. Also, what shows when you go to your Admin section and click on Scheduled Reports and click on the different sections. On the Settings tab, there is an option to disable Scheduled Reports for all reports. That didn't get turned off, did it?

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Nope the 'Scheduled Reports' option is toggled to 'Enabled', and the view on those tabs shows that the emails are successful. I can tell you that they're not, but that's what Domo shows. I'll try removing the report and re-adding it tomorrow morning and let you know, but I did a quick test of creating a separate report for that page (it's a page level report with 7 cards shown) and that didn't work either.

Thanks for the additional troubleshooting suggestions I hadn't thought to try/check all of those yet.

• c7dev
    c7dev Member
    Answer ✓

So crazy random happenstance, outside of the trouble shooting done with MarkS in this thread nothing about the report or schedule has changed, and this morning we got the email.

I'm happy it's working but I'd be happier if I knew what caused the issue so that I could be certain that it wasn't going to happen again.