Adding Tooltips to Hover Text in Heat Maps

Good afternoon,

I really enjoy using hover text to provide more insight in my Domo cards. This question is regarding heat maps.  I am trying to add a "count" of a variable not represented in the heat map to the hover text as a sort of FYI to the viewer. However, the tooltip feature is grayed out. Can you advise if these are just not available in heat maps at this time or if I could be doing something to take a way the functionality? Tooltips are functioning in other chart types.Heat Map Tooltip.GIF

Thank you,

NSH

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Have you gone to the Chart Properties and to the Hover Text Settings? In there, you can manipulate what you want displayed on hover. Click the + sign in the Hover Text textbox to add any of the commonly used values. You can also add static text by simply typing and add line breaks by adding \\n . 

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Hi Mark,

I did try that, but the obstacle I'm coming across is that the variable I want to display is one other than the category, series, or value, which is why I wanted to put it in a tooltip that I could then include in the hover text. However, the tooltip is not available to me in this heat map, so I'm wondering if that is just a specific limitation of that chart type.

Thank you for your time!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Apparently, it is an idea that was submitted to the ideas exchange a while back, but still hasn't made it to production. You can vote it up here: 

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Multiple-Values-in-Hover-Over/idi-p/7023

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
This discussion has been closed.