Applying color rules in a column

I have designed a table cad which has string and numbers. I want to apply color rule on the cells which has numbers only.Color.png

In the added image I want to add color rules in the highlighted column but, currently as the column has both texts and numbers, DOMO does not allow me to set a condition in the color rule. I there a process to apply color rule on the highlighted column. 
Is there a way where I can write a beast mode program to identify if the specific cell is having a string or a number. So if the cell has a string I leave it as it is but if it has a number I can write a HTML programm to write a conditional code to color it.

Please let me know if there is any way around.

Comments

• I had a similar issue where we wanted to see if the a date was less than today and highlight that specific cell red. To do I created a beast mode which put in HTML:

case when `Close Date` <= CURDATE() then CONCAT( '<div style="background-color:#e45850; text-align: left; width: 100%; height:100%; margin:-20px; padding:20px"> <font color="white">', `Close Date`, '</font></div>') else `Close Date` end

When the condition is met, it uses HTML to create a div around the value and fill it in red. When it is not met it just displays the value as normal.

I did a lot of searching and testing and this is the best I could come up with. One issues I did have is the sizing of the div. The settings margin:-20px; padding:20px size the div to the default size of the datatable, however when the cell expands because of a large value the div stays the same size. So it appears more like a cell within a cell, but it was the best option I could come up with. 

Jim

This discussion has been closed.