sql dataflow turn off input dataset limit

user14456
user14456 Member
edited March 2023 in SQL DataFlows

In sql data flow can I turn off the input dataset loaded limit? cuurently it set at 500K. I have big tables where the first 500K rows are all the same date so if I try and do a select distict date, I get a single row in my preview.  I have long, advanced, queries with multple changes and running the data flow for the final output everytime is not practical. I would use an external GUI like mysql workbech but then would loose access to the domo datasets, correct? 

Tagged:

Best Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You can get access to a DOMO ODBC connector which will let you access your Domo datasets directly in your MySQL workbench environment.  This is currently a premium product and has an associated cost.  You should contact your Domo Customer Success Manager for more details.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

The ODBC connection could be used to pull into any environment that accepts an ODBC connection.  You can pull it into r studio, python, MySQL, redshift... possibilities are endless.  

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You can get access to a DOMO ODBC connector which will let you access your Domo datasets directly in your MySQL workbench environment.  This is currently a premium product and has an associated cost.  You should contact your Domo Customer Success Manager for more details.

• Thank you, I did a lot of googling and all could find was mysql datasets to mysql workbech... So if I can can connect to all of domos data sets that would be amazing.  I did find this link in case anyone is interested. https://knowledge.domo.com/Connect/Connecting_to_Data_Using_Other_Methods/Domo_ODBC_Data_Driver

• One more question, I like the ability to use CTE and window functions, so I have using the beta Redshift SQl data flows becaus domod mysql is so old.  Do you know if it supports the Redshift and or CTE/ window functions?

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

The ODBC connection could be used to pull into any environment that accepts an ODBC connection.  You can pull it into r studio, python, MySQL, redshift... possibilities are endless.