Cross-page filters sharing

PantoViz
PantoViz Member
edited February 2023 in Other Ideas

It would be really great if page filters could be "shared" across (sub) pages.

Example:

Subpage 1 has filter for Date and Country

Subpage 2 has filter for Date and Category

Users apply Date filter in Subpage 1 (September 5th), then move to Subpage 2 and data is already filtered for the specific date because of the “shared” Date filter

This would allow users to switch to a dashboard from another with a more continuous kind of eploration experience.

As for other features, the feature could be disabled by default in order to preserve the original behaviour. 

Tagged:
34 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• mmanuzzi
    mmanuzzi Contributor

Hi Pantoviz!

This would have more sense in a Storytelling dashboard type of page/subpages.

So the question is do you suggest to have it overall available or just in the "Storytelling" dashboard page versione? 

By the way, good suggestion!!!

Marialisa

• Hi Marialisa,

I would say that the feature could be worth for any type of version.

Depending on your needs, once you can "share" filters across (sub) pages you could allow a "more explorative" experience to the final users.

Thanks for voting 

• Many of my clients ask for this feature, that is available by default on other data viz tools.

Please vote!!

• @PantoViz  I would love this as well.

Domo Product Team - Adding my ideas here to configure filters with 'scope' settings:

• Apply to card, apply to entire page, apply to page + subpages.

Also, would love to see filter configuration settings for 'priority'

• (1) ignore card filters or (2) observe card filters.

This would allow for more flexibility in designing user experiences.

Jacob Folsom
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I would go further and allow the saving of these filters as a "bookmark" so that they can be reapplied later, thus enabling telling a more compelling story to the people viewing the information.  

This discussion has been closed.