Getting beast mode to calculate 10% value of a column

Hello Domo masters,

Help Needed.

I am trying to build a card that would display projects in a table when the following criteria is met:

1. Approaching budget (Actuals >90% of Budget)

2. Over Budget (Actuals > Budget)

I tried the following calculation in testing:

Case
When `Project Actuals YTD` >= ((`New Budget`+`Rollover Budget`) * .90) then 'Approching Budget'
When `Project Actuals YTD` > (`New Budget`+`Rollover Budget`) then 'Over Budget'
End

The result I am getting is as follows:

Projects that are over budget are shown accurately but the Beast Mode calc column only displays 'Approaching budget' for all projects rather than what is intended by the calculation. The projects at this moment should show 'Over Budget' rather than 'Approaching Budget'.

i am thinking the * .90 could be not a valid calculation?

Any insite would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

Take a close look at your calculation , All are showing Approaching because you have the condition of >= for approching and > for Over.   it happens to be that passing 90% , 100%, 110% applies to the Approching cal.

I recomment adjusting it by setting another piece that said >= 90% but <= 100%... same thing saying between 90% and 100%,  that way evrything surpassing 100% will be tagged as Over Budget

Case
    When `Project Actuals YTD` >= ((`New Budget`+`Rollover Budget`) * .90)
    and `Project Actuals YTD` <= (`New Budget`+`Rollover Budget`)
    then 'Approching Budget'
    When `Project Actuals YTD` > (`New Budget`+`Rollover Budget`) then 'Over Budget'
    End

does it make sense ?

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'

Answers

• Godiepi
    Godiepi Coach
    Answer ✓

Take a close look at your calculation , All are showing Approaching because you have the condition of >= for approching and > for Over.   it happens to be that passing 90% , 100%, 110% applies to the Approching cal.

I recomment adjusting it by setting another piece that said >= 90% but <= 100%... same thing saying between 90% and 100%,  that way evrything surpassing 100% will be tagged as Over Budget

Case
    When `Project Actuals YTD` >= ((`New Budget`+`Rollover Budget`) * .90)
    and `Project Actuals YTD` <= (`New Budget`+`Rollover Budget`)
    then 'Approching Budget'
    End

does it make sense ?

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • That totally makes sense. I was able to correct it and now its working like Magic.

Thank you.