Beast mode - Calculate how many rows per individual

Is there a way for me to create a beast mode calculation to return how many rows there are for each individual?

For example, the data would have:

Employee ID             Employee                   Training Completed                         Completion Date

123                           Joe                               Welcome to Company ABC             2/5/19

123                           Joe                               How to use DOMO                           3/9/19

222                           Mary                             Welcome to Company ABC             4/8/19

The beast mode calculation would output that Joe = 2 and Mary = 1. In the end, I want to be able to display how many employees have completed 0 trainings, 1-3 trainings, or more than 3 trainings.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hey there,

Sounds like you need a count of completed courses and then categorization for the "How many courses have been completed."

Maybe something like this will help:

Case

when sum(Case when `Completion` is not null then 1 end) =0 then '0'

when sum(Case when `Completion` is not null then 1 end) ❤️ then '1-3'

when sum(Case when `Completion` is not null then 1 end) >0 then '3+'

END

Props on using coursebuilder, btw.

• I tried that but it only returns '+3' for all of the data. I need it to find how many trainings has each individual completed. Does that make sense?

In my fake data example, I would need to show that Joe has completed 2 and Mary has completed 1 so I have 1 user that has completed 2 and 1 that has completed 1.

Thanks for your help!

@Sambo_Servicer wrote:

Hey there,

Sounds like you need a count of completed courses and then categorization for the "How many courses have been completed."

Maybe something like this will help:

Case

when sum(Case when `Completion` is not null then 1 end) >0 then '3+'

END

Props on using coursebuilder, btw.

• Sorry. Typo on my end.

Case

when sum(Case when `Completion` is not null then 1 end) >=3 then '3+'

END