Changing the email login for a user in SSO

NewsomSolutions
NewsomSolutions Contributor
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I didn't see this anywhere but if so, just delete and please accept my apologies.

If you have enabled SSO and run across a user that you've previously set up in Domo but in the idp they use a different email they won't sync to Domo.  They'll come over as a new user vs just an authenticated user that you've already set up.

Best Answer

• NewsomSolutions
    Answer ✓

To fix it, you have to disable SSO, close your browser, open it back up...change the email address for the user (which you can't with SSO enabled)...then turn SSO back on (where you may have to re-configure it).  

Just FYI in case you need that info.

Answers

• NewsomSolutions
    Answer ✓

To fix it, you have to disable SSO, close your browser, open it back up...change the email address for the user (which you can't with SSO enabled)...then turn SSO back on (where you may have to re-configure it).  

Just FYI in case you need that info.

• WHM
    WHM Contributor

you can update a user's email with the API. I already had a script that changes termed employees to Social so I hijacked that script to change a user's email

$Authentication = Get-Authorization -clientID $apiKey -clientSecret $apiToken
     $headers = @{
     Authorization = $Authentication.access_token
     }
     $person = @{
     email = 'Bob.Jones@ourcorp.com'
     role = 'Participant'
     roleid = 4
     }
     $json = $person | ConvertTo-Json###

$post = Invoke-WebRequest -Method PUT -Uri "https://api.domo.com/v1/users/142345678" -UseBasicParsing -Body $json -Headers $headers -ContentType 'application/json'

• When we first went live with Okta and Domo for SSO we were able to edit the email field without disabling SSO. Do you know if something has changed?