Beastmode calc for previous calendar month data

I am trying to create a beastmode calc for counting the number of records that occurred in the previous CALENDAR month.

In current month (July), regardless of what day I run the report in July, I want my report to display the cound of records that occurred in calendar month June. So from Jun 1st to Jun 30th. 

I have tried this beastmode script, but it only provides me the last 30 days, which is not exactly what I'm looking for if someone takes a few days to run the report. For example, if I ran the report today Jul 15th, it'd only give me from Jun 15th to Jul 15th (approx), missing the whole first half of June data. 

CASE 
WHEN `ActivationCallStartTime` >= DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), interval 1 month) then 'Last Calendar Month'
else 'Other Date'
end

Instead of "interval 1 month", is there any option for "interval 1 calendar month"? 

I suppose that would be too easy. Does anyone have any other proposed suggestion on how to do this?

Neil 

Comments

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor

Test this and let me know if it works. I thought I'd run into a similar issue to you and have to add some more but I'm getting promising results. Only difference was I used the Month function to match the name of months.

(CASE
    WHEN MONTH(`ActivationCallStartTime`) = MONTH(DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), interval 1 month)) THEN 'Last Calendar Month'
    ELSE 'Other Date'
    END)

Here's the data I used

Dojo Help 501.JPG

Here is how it looks once filtered

Dojo Help 502.JPG

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor

Any updates? Did this work for your use case?

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**