Beast Mode Calculation Help

I'm working with data that was imported from an Excel spreadhsheet. This is a spreadsheet that will be pulled, then updated every month in Domo. I need to run a calculation that I was able to figure out in Excel, but would like to replicate in Domo. I could make the argument that I could just do that calculation every month when I pull the data, but I'd much rather have it in Domo so it is automated. 

Here is the Excel formula: =IF(D2="TWITTER",N2*0.5,IF(D2="FACEBOOK",N2*0.5,IF(D2="LINKEDIN",N2*3)))

The formula is basicaly saying if column 'D' is pupluated with the name of one of three social media platforms, then multiply the value in column 'N' by a specific value related to that platform. I've spent more time in Beast Mode than I care to admit trying to figure this out, and would apprechiate any help. 

Best Answer

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Is this what you're looking for?

(CASE
    WHEN `Social` = 'Twitter' THEN `Value` * 0.5
    WHEN `Social` = 'Facebook' THEN `Value` * 0.5
    WHEN `Social` = 'LinkedIn' THEN `Value` * 3.0
    END)

In this case "Social" = your "Column D" and "Value" = your "Column N"

Dojo Help 2019-06-19.JPG

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**

Answers

• guitarhero23
    guitarhero23 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Is this what you're looking for?

(CASE
    WHEN `Social` = 'Twitter' THEN `Value` * 0.5
    WHEN `Social` = 'Facebook' THEN `Value` * 0.5
    WHEN `Social` = 'LinkedIn' THEN `Value` * 3.0
    END)

In this case "Social" = your "Column D" and "Value" = your "Column N"

Dojo Help 2019-06-19.JPG

**Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • Thank you. I was so close. The THEN was where my mistake was.

This discussion has been closed.