Assigning colors based on chart value

Is there a way to assign charts colors based on a value in the data set, for example instead of colors being assigned based on the order they are in the series they are based on a value. If i have several products i want the product to always have the same color no matter where it falls in the order of the series based on filters. 

Comments

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

As far as conditional formatting, you can only do that on Sumo table cards. 

However, I think for this scenario you can either include a 'SortOrder' column in your dataset or create a beast mode column to do the same and sort your chart by that SortOrder column to keep the series order the same and assign the colors you want to each series. This has worked for me before. 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that does not solve my issue, when i filter and i dont have all the same products as the unfiltered set it changes the colors still. Ill keep exploring options. 

• Presently, assigning colors based on a chart value is not possible and are assigned by Series.  If this would be a useful enhancement, you are encouraged to visit http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-How-would-you-make-Domo/idb-p/Ideas to submit this as an Enhancement Idea for a future release. 

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I am no longer with Domo, please reach out to another Domo lead for assistance. Thank you!
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@zmbaker, did any of the above responses help address your issue?