Domo Stories: How can you drill your data in the same card?

I'm just trying the new Domo stories option and I'd like to be able to drill data on the same card, I can´t find the option or documentation how to do it. 

Best Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I did get an email this morning about a product update rolling out next week (4/16).  May be different for different instances.1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Gerry
    Gerry Member
    Answer ✓

Today I've just realized that I have the New Option "Drill in place" before it didn't appeared:

That was the reason I was not able to do it. 

Answers

• It works the same way as the previous set-up.  Perhaps you didn't save the page yet?  save.PNG

Once your page is saved, you'll see the wrenches you are used to.  Simply click the wrench and select 'Edit Drill Path'.  

Edit drill path.PNG

If that's not quite what you're looking for, perhaps the card interaction settings will help.  They are available while the page is in edit mode.  You'll see 'Edit Content' instead of the wrench when you hover over the card.  

Card Interaction Settings.PNG

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Gerry
    Gerry Member

I see that is more based in "Card interaction settings" but I can´t figure out what option I should select to open the card in the same dashboard instead of loading the whole page, I'm just selecting this but it wortks in the same way: 

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 11.18.18 AM.png

• I got this functionality while it was in beta, and found that I liked it opening the cards in a new tab, but as you work with it, you will find what works best for you. 

One thing that is a little hinky with the new dashboards is that you have to watch where on the card you click.  I often ended up filtering the page when I meant to open the card or really wanted to drill.  

As we all work with the new dashboard functionality, we will find things here and there that need adjustment.  We just need to make sure to post ideas in the dojo so they can keep the improvements going.  They've already made a lot of improvements over the beta release, so I am sure there will be more to come!  

DataMaven
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I did get an email this morning about a product update rolling out next week (4/16).  May be different for different instances.1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • @ST_-Superman-_ YES!!!  I was SO excited when I saw that!!!  

DataMaven
  • Gerry
    Gerry Member
    Answer ✓

Today I've just realized that I have the New Option "Drill in place" before it didn't appeared:

That was the reason I was not able to do it. 

This discussion has been closed.