How do I add an additional data field to an existing dataset?

I am trying to add an additional data field into an existing dataset and I took the API name from SalesForce and entered it into the dataset query. When it went to run this morning, it gave me an error and said it was incorrect when in SFDC, that is what the API name is. 

What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You need to move the field name up in your query.

It should end with

... Altify_Pause_Date__c, Lead_Source_Detail__c FROM Opportunity

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• You need to make sure that the entire path to the API is correct.  Would you mind sharing your query and maybe a portion of the schema map for the salesforce object you are pulling in, highlighting the api in question?

Thanks,

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hi There! 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I am not sure if I understand completely but I am attaching visuals for you to see. It looks like I can only attach one file per message so here is the SFDC view showing the field I am trying to add. 

• Here is the domo view that I am trying to enter in the API exactly how it is in SFDC. 

What else do I need to do? I just want to add 'Lead Source Detail' to the dataset...

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

You need to move the field name up in your query.

It should end with

... Altify_Pause_Date__c, Lead_Source_Detail__c FROM Opportunity

• Awesome, that did it. Thank you!!