XML Importing 1 Row

When I use the Domowork bench to push an xml file to a data set, it will import every attribute as a new column thus making it 800ish columns x 1 Row and incrementing the column name by 1. Is there any fix for this ? I dont have this issue when manually importing it using XML easy but I need the schedueling feature that workbench creates. 

thanks

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

It took me a bit to get my XML jobs coming in correctly. 

It might be the Flattening Options setting, found on the Source menu.  I have mine set to 'Deep' instead of 'None' or 'Wide'

Does that help?

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

It took me a bit to get my XML jobs coming in correctly. 

It might be the Flattening Options setting, found on the Source menu.  I have mine set to 'Deep' instead of 'None' or 'Wide'

Does that help?

Aaron

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi Aaron,

Do you have a screen shot of those settings?  I am not able to find it in the source menu in Workbench.

Thanks,

Jay

• Hi Aaron,

I only see those options for JSON, not for XML.  Am Imissing something?

• AS
    AS Coach

My file is actally JSON, the job is set to XML type, and the settings are as attached

Aaron