Stacked bar chart that compares period over period

Would love to see a stacked bar chart that compares period over period:

e.g. Total Sales, broken out by territory (East/West/Central)., but compared by Q1, Q2, etc.

Helps me to see comparatives by time period.

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

The beast modes were in my first picture 

it’s just:

QUARTER(‘date_field’)

and

YEAR(‘date_field’)

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• You can accomplish this using the new category 2 field.

1.png

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Or please provide some kind of sketch or screenshot if you had something else in mind.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hmmm...i was hoping they would be right next to each other (like Q1 2017 vs Q1 2018, etc.)...Domo Support told me it wasn't available yet.

But that could work for now.

• Just swap quarter and year then:2.png

• oops, I also switched that last chart to a grouped bar and not a stacked bar

• This could definitely work. Let me try it...

• I moved this out of ideas exchange to the Card Building board since it may be possible in current functionality and you will be able to give likes to the replies!

• Ok, I tried it. I think I need to get a beast mode calculation that gives me the dates to compare - like the "quarter, or invoice year." in your chart.

Right now, all I have is 36,000 opportunities, but they are showing the individual date of each closed opportunity (like 1/1/19, etc.). 

Or is there another way you got the category?

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

The beast modes were in my first picture 

it’s just:

QUARTER(‘date_field’)

and

YEAR(‘date_field’)

• Whoa. TIL!

Had no idea you could do that. A newbie just learning my way around. Will try this today.

This discussion has been closed.