I want page name to be automatically listed on each and every cards when put on Favorites or alerts

JonavilCello
JonavilCello Member
edited March 2023 in Datasets

I work with multiple pages, and put multiple cards(usually with identical names) on Favorites and alerts.
(e.g. Project A(page)> monthlysales(card), Project B(page) > monthlysales(card), Project C(page) > monthlysales(card)..and goes on)
The problem is, when I see Favorites, I can only see 3 monthlysales cards aligning and I won't know which card is from what page unless I look unto it(which is kind of bothersome)

I want page name to be automatically listed on each and every cards when put on Favorites or alerts

PS:  Renaming all the cards with page names on it is nearly impossible in my situation due to its large volume.

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

As an alternative, there is a “Domo Admin” plug in for excel that would let you pull down your card metadata (including page name and card title). You could then concat the page name with the card titles in excel and then use the plugin to push the new values back into Domo as new card titles.

beats manually updating them. 

You could probably ably get the admin plug in by contacting support. 

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• Are you making use of the summary number?

you could do something like:

max(`Project_Name`)

and pick that for your summary number.  Then, you would be able to see the project name on the card. 

Have you considered creating a dashboard for yourself that would only contain one “version” of each of the cards that you could then use quickfilters or page filters on to get a view of one project at a time?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Thank you!

Anyway, can I ask where do I write the " max(`Project_Name`)" ?

sorry I'm not that familiar with domo yet. 

beastmode? calculated field?

I believe the result can be shown then in summary number.

> Have you considered creating a dashboard for yourself that would only contain one “version” of each of the cards that you could then use quickfilters or page filters on to get a view of one project at a time?

Yes I tried this, but not a solution in my current situation.

• Yes. It would be a calculated field. My first question would be do you have a field that names the projects in your data set?  If you do, then create a new beastmode 

max(`project_name`)

if you don’t have a field like that, you could just use 

max(‘Project A’)

note that the second example is using single quotes instead of the back tick. 

You have to use an aggregate function in order for the calculation to be available as a summary number, I chose max(). 

In in either case, you would need to have the card filtered to only show one project. 

Let me know if you are still stuck. 

• hmn..Too bad I don't have a field that names the projects in your data set.

But I tried max(‘Project A’) and it works like magic! genius! 

but then I got 1700+ cards and I can't imagine editing them all, it will take too much time and effort.

And the filter only works for dataset? and I dont have project name in it so kind of hard to do what I want to..sniff..

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

As an alternative, there is a “Domo Admin” plug in for excel that would let you pull down your card metadata (including page name and card title). You could then concat the page name with the card titles in excel and then use the plugin to push the new values back into Domo as new card titles.

beats manually updating them. 

You could probably ably get the admin plug in by contacting support. 

• wow..sounds good...let me try this.

Thanks a lot!