How can I connect a csv file that is 4 GB in size?

Hello,

I have a very large (4 GB) csv file that I'd like to bring in to Domo but it exceeds all the size limits that I've tried.  What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

What methods have you tried that you're having trouble with?

Generally speaking, Domo doesn't care much how large files are.  While you might not be able to open that file in a textpad or Excel type application, Domo should be able to grab that file either from Workbench or through the CSV connector.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

What methods have you tried that you're having trouble with?

Generally speaking, Domo doesn't care much how large files are.  While you might not be able to open that file in a textpad or Excel type application, Domo should be able to grab that file either from Workbench or through the CSV connector.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks Aaron!

I had initially tried workbench and it gave me a vauge error so I took it to mean that the file was too large. It turns out that the headers in the file were not properly formated - there were a few blanks and duplicates.  After fixing the headers to be unique it took about 10 minutes but workbenched uploaded the file without any problems. 

Thanks again for help!

• As an additional note to this - Something annoying I have found.  The newer file uploader has a size limitation.  I don't recall the exact size, but it was pretty small.  

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.