Beast Mode Scale Markers?

Options

I have a chart showing a performance metric across various ads. What I'd like to do is add a threshold scale marker, so that when things fall below we can take action.

However, the scale marker calculation is different from my beast mode.

IFNULL(SUM(CASE WHEN `Objective` LIKE '%BRAND%' THEN (`EARL`) ELSE 0 END) / SUM(CASE WHEN `Objective` LIKE '%BRAND%' THEN (`Reach`) ELSE 0 END),0)

I assume this is based on the granualirty of the data, the scale marker using individual points and the beast mode using total sums, but the difference can be a lot and also is affecting thresholds. 

ScaleMarkers_AVG.PNG

I've played around with different chart types, hoping use a combo line + bar chart with my line as a beast mode, but the dimension I'm using only shows up at the count level, which is not what I want. Nor do I want my beast mode to vary week by week - I want a static line based on the entire date range. 

Does anyone know a way to use a beast mode as a scale marker?

Comments

• Gimli
    Gimli Contributor
    Options

Hi @WS_CHI
    Normally for calculations like this, we use a line+bar graph. Your date becomes your x-axis and then your line/goal becomes your y-axis. 
    The issue comes from how cards function. A card will allow you to have a value as the y-axis and you can add a text value to your 'series' to break out the data. However, in this case, you would need to add 2 value columns. 1 for the goal and one for the point values. You are able to add a value column in the series. However, once you have done this you can no longer add a text column to break out the data. 

There are two ways to work around this. 
    1. You can create a beastmode for each plotted value. This can come very tedious. Each beastmode would be formatted with the name of the plotted value as the beastmode name and then the value/calculation in the beastmode. 
    2. We can manipulate the data through a dataflow to add a new row that will represent your line. 
    With a line + bar graph, the first value in the data (based on the sort in your card) will be your line and everything that follows will be the bar(s). So in a dataflow, you can add a new row that has the value of "goal" in your series column and the value you want. 

I understand that this can be very confusing. I recommend if you have additional questions to reach out to our Support team. They will be able to look at your data with you as well as create examples and answer additional questions. They can be reached by going to support.domo.com

Cheers!

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.